Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Take 20 minutes and help us test automated closed caption in Zoom. We are looking for patient partners to do a mock visit with a health care provider using the “think out loud” method to help identify what is easy to use, what is difficult and what education is needed around automated captions.
Interior Health, Virtual Care
The goal is to complete usability testing of Zoom automated closed captions to:
• Identify any unintended consequences
• Decide if Interior Health wants to turn on automated captions
• Learn what to include in provider education to support patients in a virtual visit
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to patient partners across the province who:
• Have access to a computer or mobile device (with a microphone, speaker and camera) and the internet
• Are comfortable having a “mock” health care visit using Zoom and providing feedback in the moment
We are looking for a diverse range of patient partners, including those with or without experience using Zoom.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cassy Mitchell.
• Number of vacancies: 3
• Date and Time: September 6-9, 2022 during a time that works for you and the health care provider. We will ask your availability to match you with a provider. These mock sessions will last approximately 20 minutes.
• Location: Virtual via Zoom
• Commitment: One-time
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cassy Mitchell email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Interior Health would like to complete Usability Testing to understand the impacts of turning on automated captions for patients. Automated Closed Captions are when captions automatically display the words Zoom participants are saying.
Currently, it’s the expectation that a sign language interpreter is used for those who are hard of hearing. We’re building a case that there are times when automated closed captioning would be beneficial when professional captioning or language interpretation isn’t quite needed.