Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners in the Island Health region
Island Health is showcasing and demonstrating the quality improvement efforts and achievements of all staff within the health authority. As part of this day, we would like to invite you to share your story with us!
Open to: Patient partners in the Island Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health, Medical and Academic Affairs
AimThe aim of this event is to celebrate the work that has been done to date, collaborate with various partners and network to lead to innovation down the road. We would like to have the patient speak to their experience in the health authority for approximately 10 minutes after the CEO and Board Chair of Island Health in helping to set the tone for the day of learning together. We would also like to have at least one patient partner participate in a discussion panel sharing what it was like for them being involved with a quality improvement project.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of inform on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that you will be provided with balanced and objective information to assist in understanding alternatives and solutions.
- Have experience of health services within Island Health (as a patient, family member or informal caregiver)
- Comfortable sharing their story and patient experiences in front of a large group (300 people) for the purposes of learning and quality improvement
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ryan Sidorchuk directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date: Thursday April 25, 2019.
- Location: Vancouver Island Conference Centre, Nanaimo.
- Event time: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Speaking time: approx. 9:40am-9:50am and 1:30-2:45 pm (as part of a panel)
ReimbursementLocal travel (mileage/parking) expenses as applicable according to Island Health rates will be reimbursed. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided at the conference. Dinner and hotel will be provided if the patient partner needs to travel more than 100km to the conference site.
BackgroundThe Island Health Quality Showcase is a joint partnership between PQI, Facility Engagement, and Island Health to showcase all the great projects that everyone has been doing across the island. This event will be hosted in an effort to breakdown some of the silos that exist within the Health Authority. It will provide an opportunity for like-minded individuals the opportunity to connect where they may not have the opportunity to do so otherwise.Target audience is all staff (not just medical) interested in quality improvement, quality improvement project alumni as well as the Island Health Medical Program Residents. The patient partner will have direct and unfettered support and access to Trish Muller, Program Assistant, Physician Quality Improvement, throughout the entire process. The patient partner will be provided the opportunity to take part in the event evaluation and will also be provided the overall results.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Central & North Vancouver Island