Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Are you interested in reviewing a new information brochure created by patient partners for Interior Health? Join us as part of our review team!
Patient Experience – Quality
The goal of the review team is to obtain feedback on the brochure prior to printing and use. Due to the COVID restrictions we are unable to test the brochure in the acute care setting. Feedback will be requested on topics such as the value of the content, the overall look, and suggestions on when patients should receive.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Experience in receiving overnight care within a hospital setting is preferred but not mandatory
• Comfort in answering specific questions about the brochure and providing feedback
• Interest in a patient’s rights and responsibilities while in hospital would be an asset
• Number of vacancies 15
• Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
– This work will be done over the months of March/April
– Communication will be in the form of email/Canada Post and with a questionnaire
– All feedback will be considered but may not be used. This review will be one of many tests to the applicability of the brochure
– This is a one-time event
If using a Canada Post format, a stamped return envelop will be provided.
A new information brochure titled “The Patient Power brochure” has been created by patient partners and they are looking for feedback on applicability. This brochure has been redesigned from a former “It’s OK to Ask” brochure used in hospital settings across the Interior region.
This brochure will be given to patients/family upon admission and be a guide of rights and responsibilities of the patient while admitted and is aimed at supporting the voice of the patient/family within the hospital setting and in addition, information of their responsibilities within care.
The hope within this review is to obtain feedback from many different participants who bring different levels of education, ethnicity and experience with the health care system. This brochure is currently aimed at the English-speaking population, if successful and a need is identified, the brochure could be translated into other languages.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region