Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Interior Health, like other health authorities in BC, is required by the Ministry of Health every year to complete a Service Plan that outlines how we have aligned with and plan to achieve its priorities/targets. We are seeking input on our draft plan to ensure the plan is a succinct, public document that is clearly written and easily understood.
Interior Health – Health System Planning
• The Service Plan aims to outline for the public how Interior Health will achieve its goals, objectives, and strategies in the coming three years.
• The role of the patient partner will be to review critical sections of the draft plan to ensure that they are written in a way that is easy to understand and meaningful to the general public.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Experience reviewing confidential government documents (e.g. reports, policies, etc.) is an asset
• Some understanding of current provincial health care strategic direction / goals
• Familiar with plain language writing style
• Access to phone and computer and must be familiar with email correspondence and Microsoft Word software (especially using the track-changes function)
• Number of patients: 2-3
• Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
– The patient partner will receive an electronic copy of the approx. 30-page, confidential draft of the Interior Health Service Plan
– An introductory phone call will be scheduled before the document is emailed
– About 2-3 hours is the length of time expected to review specified sections and provide feedback using the track changes and/or comments functions in Word and emailing or by phone.
– This one-time document review can be done from a location that is convenient for the patient partner and would need to be completed between July 27 and August 10, 2021.
– Feedback/comments must be emailed or provided by phone no later than August 10, 2021.
– Future opportunities of the same nature may arise.
– Feedback within the draft plan (Word document) can be submitted via email or discussed by phone ONLY. DO NOT PRINT the draft Service Plan or any other related documents/emails.
No expenses are anticipated for this engagement as it is over the telephone and email.
Interior Health would like to ensure that the annual Service Plan is reader-friendly to its public audience. Getting feedback from patient partners will enhance the quality of the plan. Examples of previous plans can be found here.
The plan is intended to reflect the full health care system and those living across the Interior Health region.
The plan will also be reviewed by internal staff and medical staff, as well as senior leaders. All feedback will be considered but not all suggested edits may be possible to include in the final version. Until the plan is approved by the Ministry of Health it is considered to be extremely confidential and should not be shared further.
Reviewers will be asked to delete any copies of the draft Service Plan, related documents and/or information/emails after completion of the review.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region