Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in Northern Region
Do you struggle finding information on the Northern Health website and would you like to improve how you find information on chronic diseases?
Open to: Patient partners in Northern Region
Lead Organization or DepartmentCommunications, Northern Health
AimThe aim is to to have patients review content and layout for our public website. The purpose of engaging patients in this work is that the content on the website is aimed at the patient and they have the best perspective on the information. The role of the patient will be to review the Chronic Diseases Program pages on the website and provide feedback.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Experience accessing chronic disease programs in Northern Health (i.e. hemodialysis)
- Patients that have accessed chronic disease services in the Northern Interior and the regional programs.
- Patients that have accessed chronic disease services from the North east or North west health service delivery area.
- Patient needs access to a computer
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit please contact Cathy Almost
- Open to Volunteers from the Northern Region
- Vacancies: 2
- Starting mid-June, 2018. Meet once every two weeks until complete.
- Commitment: one week to six months
ReimbursementNo anticipated expenses as meeting are via teleconference. Pre-approved expenses if incurred will be covered by Northern Health.
BackgroundThis opportunity has come about as Northern Health is creating a new public website. The information on the website are already created and existing and would be updated. There are no potential risks. Patients can look at the existing information on https://www.northernhealth.ca/YourHealth/ChronicDisease.aspx All care settings are considered.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC