Posted • Last updated
Deadline: Open until filled
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Was the transition from receiving care in a rehabilitation facility to your home smooth, or were there some bumps? Do you have ideas on how it could have been better? Providence Health would love to have you as part of their team!
Open to: Patient partners from the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentProvidence Health Care, Holy Family Rehabilitation
AimHoly Family Rehabilitation Hospital wants to improve the patient’s return home after an in-patient stay. We need you to share your ideas on what went well and what could be improved. Patient partners will be asked to share their experiences, as well as assist in developing post discharge patient follow-up surveys and an engagement strategy.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a local community or program level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in decision making, developing alternatives, and solutions and include your recommendations into the decision as much as possible.
- Patient or family members/care givers with experience in any in-patient rehabilitation program (e.g. GF Strong, Holy Family Hospital, or a designated rehabilitation unit in an acute care hospital).
- Able to participate in-person or with video/teleconference during business hours (Monday to Friday, daytime).
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session and signed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested, please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2-3
- Flexible dates, times and contact style in consultation with the patient partners. In person meetings will be held at Holy Family Hospital.
- Meeting will be approximately 1 hour long, once a week, with additional time depending on upcoming activities (focus groups, interviews, etc)
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months participation starting in April. Project is anticipated to be completed in approximately 6 months.
- Between meetings patients will be asked to assist in the creation or review materials created such as strategies, surveys, etc.
ReimbursementApproved expenses related to travel (i.e., taxi for patient partners with reduced mobility, parking up to $18/day, approved mileage) to attend meetings will be reimbursed by Providence Health Care.
BackgroundProvidence Health will be undergoing an Accreditation Canada survey in November 2017. Two areas of emphasis are patient and family centered care and information at transfer. Upon reviewing Holy Family Hospital's processes, this initiative will improve how clients are supported throughout transitions, and will focus on areas for improvement identified by the clients themselves. The aims are:
- Make immediate improvements in efficiency on what and how current information is shared between providers at transfer;
- Develop and on-going process to connect with patients on their transition experience, by also embedding patient representatives in the development of the process and perhaps the process itself.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast
This opportunity will be open until it is filled.