Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland
Have you previously participated in health care improvements? Would you like to share your ‘patient partner’ insights with a cohort of health care providers learning about quality improvement? We’d love to learn from you!
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
AimAs part of an informal three-person panel you’ll share your experiences working with health care partners on quality improvement initiatives with a group of leaders in the BCPSQC Quality Academy program who are passionate about quality and safety in our health care system. Your presentation may include sharing advice on what has been successful, challenging and what can be improved.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Experience participating in improvement or change initiatives within the health care system, partnering with health care teams to improve services for patients.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of 30-40 people and using a microphone.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 3-6 (three patient partners per panel)
- There are two panel sessions:
- Both sessions will be held at the BCPSQC Office in downtown Vancouver (750 West Pender)
- Patient partners will be expected to participate in 1-2 hours of preparation, including a teleconference with the program lead to get more information about the audience, guidance on talking points, and address any questions you may have
- Panel sessions typically involve the program lead acting as a moderator, asking panel members a series of questions that you have reviewed in advance, followed by questions from the room.
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel (i.e. transit, parking, mileage) within the lower mainland to attend the session(s) will be reimbursed.
BackgroundQuality Academy and Clinician Quality Academy are intensive education programs focused on learning to lead quality and safety initiatives in health care. Participants from different geographic areas of the province and various areas of care come together for in-person classroom learning four to five times over the course of the program. The program encourages participants to include patient partners in the work that they do and this one hour session is intended to provide them with insight into the perspectives of experienced patient partners and learn more about how to best work together to maximize the benefits and opportunities when engaging patients. Patient Engagement has been introduced in earlier sessions. This one hour panel is part of their final in-person session. There will also be time for Quality Academy participants to ask questions of the panel members.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast