Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Interior Health’s Board Quality Committee wants to hear from a patient partner whose experience includes care in the emergency department.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Quality & Patient Safety
- The goal is to have patients and their families share their health care experience in the emergency department with the Board Quality Committee of Interior Health.
- The purpose is to make the board members aware of the patient’s or family member’s experience to provide more information about IH services throughout the region.
- Your presentation can describe a positive or negative experience (or both), and it is hoped that the patient partners will share their honest and open experiences.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to patient partners living in the Interior Health region
- The focus of the presentation would be best suited for a patient who has recently sought care in one of the Interior Health Emergency Departments; the experience could include any aspect of that care including but not limited to, signage, the attitude and conduct of our care providers, the care provided, or the admission, discharge, or follow up that resulted from the visit.
- Comfortable sharing your story/experience in a group setting
LogisticsVacancies: 1 Location, date, time and frequency:
- December 2, 2019
- Kelowna (IH Corporate Office at 505 Doyle Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C5)
- The presentation can occur either in-person for those living within reasonable travel distance to Kelowna or by teleconference or video conference
- This is a one-time event.
- Preparation calls will be held prior to the presentation. Speaking notes are requested to be sent in advance of your presentation.
ReimbursementMileage and meals will be covered within reasonable travel distance, pre-approval is required.
BackgroundThe Board Quality Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its responsibility to ensure excellent quality of patient, client, and resident care throughout the health authority by: • ensuring that the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes an appropriate patient, client, resident-centred, and performance-based quality culture; • providing support, input, and governance as the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes and monitors performance targets, standards of care and service, guidelines and policies for patients, clients, and residents, while reducing associated risks; and • advising the Board on the Health Authority’s progress and performance Read the Terms of Reference: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/AboutUs/Policies/Documents/4.5
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region