Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region.
Interior Health’s Board Quality Committee is wanting to hear from a patient partner whose experience has crossed ‘transition points’ such as one area of care to another.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region.
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health (IH), Quality Risk and Accreditation
- The goal is to have patients and their families share their health care experience with ‘transition points’ with the Board Quality Committee of Interior Health as part of a presentation on Access and Flow at their June 18th meeting.
- The purpose is to make the Board members aware of the patient’s or family member’s experience to provide more information about IH services throughout the region.
- Your presentation can describe a positive or negative experience (or both), and it is hoped that the patient partners will share their honest and open experiences.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to patient partners living in the Interior Health region
- The focus of the presentation would be best suited for a patient who has crossed a few ‘transition points’. For example a patient who went from a home setting to Emergency, Emergency to an In-patient setting and an In-patient setting to Home. This could include transport/repatriation from rural to urban setting and back.
- Ideally the patient partner experience will include someone who had an inpatient stay where there were interdisciplinary discharge planning challenges e.g. lack of communication between clinicians, poor timely follow up on discharge home.
- Comfortable sharing your story/experience in a group setting
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and volunteer agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancies: 1
- June 18th (tentative time is 1:00)
- Kelowna (IH Corporate Office at 505 Doyle Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C5)
- The presentation can occur either in-person for those living within reasonable travel distance to Kelowna or by teleconference or video conference
- This is a one-time event
- Preparation calls will be held with the BCPSQC Engagement Leader and an IH Representative. Speaking notes are requested to be sent in advance of your presentation.
ReimbursementMileage and meals will be covered within reasonable travel distance but pre-approved is required.
BackgroundThe Board Quality Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its responsibility to ensure excellent quality of patient, client, and resident care throughout the health authority by:
- ensuring that the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes an appropriate patient, client, resident-centred, and performance-based quality culture;
- providing support, input, and governance as the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes and monitors performance targets, standards of care and service, guidelines and policies for patients, clients, and residents, while reducing associated risks; and
- advising the Board on the Health Authority’s progress and performance
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region