Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across BC
• Health Quality BC is leading the development of a perinatal quality care standard to improve care for all perinatal patients in BC. We are aiming to do this by creating a provincially agreed upon statement about the care patients should be offered by health professionals and health services during pregnancy and birth.
• We are looking for patient partners, to help co-collaborate in the development of this quality care standard.
• As members of the Standards Development Committee, your voice will bring the human experience to the language and focus of each quality statement included in the standard. If you are wanting to give input in making recommendations and decisions about the direction of quality improvement in perinatal care this could be the opportunity for you!
• Location will be on Zoom platform
• June 28, July 26 and August 23 from 3.30-5.30 pm. Reading documents ahead of
meetings will also be required.
These Development Committee meetings have already started but we have a Patient Partner unable to continue. Ample background will be provided for the work already underway and the next steps involved.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Collaborate on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting
- Specific health care experiences [details below]
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity
- We would like to hear the experiences of someone who has accessed the health system for perinatal care in the last 2 years.