Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners from Terrace
Have you made changes in your daily activity level, with the support of your family doctor, to improve your health or prevent chronic disease? Would you be willing to share how you have benefited with local media?
Open to: Patient partners from Terrace
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health, Practice Support Program
AimThe aim of this initiative is to bring the community and doctors together to promote healthy living with the doctors taking the lead and setting the example. It is important for patients to share their experiences for the rest of the community to see how they have made changes with the help of their family doctor.Making changes in their health and speaking about the benefits may encourage others to do the same.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- A patient or care giver who has made changes in his or her health working together goal setting with a physician.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session and signed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Cathy Almost directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Live in the Terrace area
- Vacancies: 2-4
- Comfortable with public speaking and sharing your story
- Be available mid April for a television interview
- Attend May 6 from 1-3pm at the Millennium Trail in Terrace, BC. Be prepared to give a 2-5 min description of what you are currently doing to improve your health and what benefits you have derived from doing so.
- Understanding that the audience is the Terrace community, hoping to encourage them to work together with their doctor on plans for changing his or her health
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses will be reimbursed (if necessary).
- This event is held provincially in many communities on the week of May 10, which is the World Health Organization's international "Move for Health" day. Terrace has never participated so we are eager to have the event in our community. It is open to the entire community.
- Pacific Northwest Division will also be involved.
- See walkwithyourdoc.ca for additional information about the walk and learn of other patients who have been helped by their family doctor to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC