Posted • Last updated
Deadline: Open until filled
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in Interior Region
Do you want the opportunity to show gratitude and thank healthcare professionals who provide care in your community? Please join us for live music, a delicious meal and wonderful company to share your exceptional, experience of healthcare workers and the impact they had on you!
Open to: Patient partners in Interior Region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Human Resources
AimEmployees should feel recognized, not only by their manager, but by the people they work hard to care for. This recognition event boosts culture, morale and serves as encouragement; reminding staff why they are in the line of work they're in - putting a face to the impacts they're having on the people who live in their community - the positive difference they're making in people's lives! ROLE: The patient partner would be up on stage in front of a room full of people sharing their story for 5-10 min. Patient partners would not be asked to share the details of their health concerns and they would be invited to sit in for the entire evening as honored guest to enjoy fabulous music and a delicious meal. We would appreciate a photo with the patient partners during the evening (optional.)
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Comfortable with speaking in front of a large group
- Can connect their story to the impact it had on them
- Comfortable with sharing their story
- Comfortable meeting new people
- Lives within the region or city of where the event is being held
- Experienced 'above and beyond' type of care from IH employees
- Has a desire to show gratitude
- Vacancies: 6
- Commitment: One time
- Location, Date, Time:
1) Nelson - Tuesday, September 11, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Prestige Lakeside Resort 2) Cranbrook - Monday, September 24, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort 3) Penticton - Tuesday, October 9, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Penticton Convention Centre 4) Kamloops - Monday, October 22, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Coast Hotel & Conference Centre 5) Vernon - Monday, November 5, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Prestige Hotel & Conference Centre 6) Kelowna - Tuesday, November 20, 2018 from 5-830pm @ Coast Hotel & Conference Centre
ReimbursementPre-approved travel expenses will be reimbursed ASAP upon receiving original receipts from the patient partner. Dinner will be provided at the event.
BackgroundInterior Health would love for a patient partner from each of the communities above to attend the Long Term Service Awards dinner event happening in that community to share their exceptional, experience of care. Ideally, if they have a story to share that is unique and related to exceptional care from an IH employee, or where an IH employee went so far above and beyond...(something inspiring). They could share: What were the emotions faced? What did the experience of moving through the health care system feel like? What was the outcome? What positive impacts did staff have on them as they move through the system (the more elaborate and detailed - the better). The purpose is to incorporate praise from the people receiving care as recognition to our hard working and dedicated, employees. The people in the room would be IH employees receiving a long term service award (25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 years) and their personal guest. The recipients manager will be there, as well as key leaders in that regions, and members from our Senior Executive Team and Board of Directors. Closer to the event, there will be an itinerary for the evening available to the patient partner. Most directly related to Acute (Hospitals & Communities).
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo