Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Northern Region, patient partners from Terrace
Are you a patient? Family member of a patient? Caregiver? You have a story to tell! Coast Mountain College (Terrace campus) 1st Year Registered Nursing students invite 2 patients /family members/caregivers to participate in a conversation to discuss your residential care, community care or hospital, emergency room health care story and experiences.
Faculty of Nursing, Coast Mountain College
The goal of this initiative is to hear the health care stories and experiences of patients/family members/caregivers directly so we can better understand and more fully appreciate their role and use this learning to inform the development of our nursing practices.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Health care experience in residential care, community care or hospital, emergency room (acute)
• Comfortable sharing your story
• If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date and Time: November, Date To be determined. Monday, 2 hour class 9-11am.
– Sharing for 10-12 minutes
• Location: Coast Mountain College, 22 students (virtual or in person with Covid precautions)
• Commitment: One Time
Pre-approved mileage or transit would be covered to attend the meeting.
This opportunity has come about as a direct way to draw on the knowledge and experience of community partners who have experiences as family members, caregivers or patients and who are willing to inform prospective Registered Nursing students who are in the midst of developing their health care careers. Potential risks are not anticipated. Stories and experiences that relate to acute care, residential care & community care would be relevant.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationCathy Almost
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region