Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Be the first to share your in-hospital midwifery experience as Yukon Hospitals look to integrate it in 2020.
Open to:Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentYukon Hospital Corporation
AimThis project will establish Yukon Hospital Corporation's evidence-based, patient-centered, and inter-professional framework to integrate midwives working their full scope of practice, as defined by Yukon regulations into Whitehorse General Hospital. Patient partners are asked to share their experience and perspective with stakeholders for consideration as a plan for midwifery integration is developed.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Patient partners who are comfortable sharing their stories about birth using a midwife within a hospital setting.
LogisticsVacancies: 3 Details:
- There will be an introductory telephone meeting to share more background, details of the engagement and discuss questions. Date: TBD
- There will be two integration planning meetings between the dates of Jan 1 and March 31 where patient partners will be invited to share their experience through video or teleconference format. Specific meeting dates TBD
ReimbursementExpenses are not expected due to the virtual format of the engagement. If any travel is necessary, pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed.
- Yukon Government and Yukon Hospitals are looking to expand the patient experience.
- Stories will be used to show the impact midwifery can have within a Hospital setting and demonstrate how it has been done.
- Open to all experiences, as our facility is centered around continuous improvement.
- Inpatient setting for midwifery birth required.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo and Kootenays