Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Island Health is working to add patient-authored documentation to its MyHealth patient portal in primary and urgent care settings. If you do not have a family/primary care physician and have visited urgent care or walk-in clinics as a result, please consider attending our User Acceptance Testing session!
Island health, IHealth Project Delivery Office
• MyHealth is a secure online website where patients and families can conveniently access personal health information for a growing range of care and services provided by Island Health.
• One feature of the Patient Portal is a ‘clipboard’ (patient self-authored documentation), which allows patients with MyHealth accounts to receive and complete forms/questionnaires prior to an appointment; once submitted, the information is saved to one’s electronic health record.
• The Patient Portal Project Team would like to involve patient partners who do not have a family/primary care physician and who visit urgent care or walk-in clinics as a result. Patient partners will help with the testing of the new clipboards for this clinical setting and provide comments and suggestions from a patient perspective.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Patient partners from Vancouver Island who:
• Do not have a family/primary care physician
• Have experience with visiting urgent care or walk-in clinics
• Have experience and comfort with using Zoom
• Are comfortable providing input and comments in a group setting
• Have some knowledge of and experience with patient portals is an asset
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Sessions will be scheduled based on the availability of patient partners in April 2021.
– A one-hour introductory session to Island Health’s MyHealth system will be held online (via Zoom) in advance of the user acceptance testing session.
– Working group meetings are held online (via Zoom) on Wednesdays from 11:30 – 12:00. These are separate from the User Acceptance Testing sessions – patient partners are encouraged to attend.
• Location: Online via Zoom
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your internet provider and data limit, please contact Ashley Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we can identify solutions. Otherwise, no expenses are anticipated.
MyHealth is a secure website that gives you convenient, 24/7 access to your personal health information from anywhere with an internet connection. This includes: access to Island Health information from anywhere with an internet connection. This includes: access to Island Health laboratory results, medical imaging reports, clinical documentation, and outpatient appointments. MyHealth can also provide information to your care team prior to surgical appointments.
We have recently added the clipboard feature and are wishing to get patient input in to the usage and clarity it.
For my information about MyHealth, please visit.