Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
The Ministry of Health is reviewing how sleep studies are delivered in British Columbia, this includes consultations with all relevant stakeholders. If you have ever had an sleep study in BC, we would like to hear from you!
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentSurgical and Diagnostic Services Branch, Ministry of Health
AimThe goals of this initiative are to review and improve how sleep testing services are delivered in BC and to standardize and advance the sleep testing environment, assuring that quality, appropriate, cost effective and timely services are available for all Britsh Columbians. The purpose of engaging patients is to get a better understanding of their experience with overnight sleep testing in BC. Patient partners will be asked to complete an anonymous survey, with an option for identification. The Ministry may seek to contact those who self-identify for further detail on their patient experience.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Has ever been referred for a sleep test, or undertaken such a test on their own initiative (without a physician referral) in B.C. This includes studies conducted in a sleep lab or at home.
- Vacancies: 40
- An electronic link will be sent to the patient partner with the survey enclosed. It is a one time survey and will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
ReimbursementThere is no reimbursement for survey participation.
BackgroundThe Ministry has been engaged in substantial research on the sleep testing environment in British Columbia. Actions so far have included:
- Canadian and international jurisdictional scan
- Scientific and literature review
- Stakeholder engagement activities (sleep experts; referring physicians, owners/operators of diagnostic sleep testing facilities) We feel patients have a valuable stakeholder perspective that should be included with this work.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement