Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
No RSVP form for this Opportunity: Email email@example.com if interested.
Fraser Health needs your help to support a virtual health system that works for you! It’s a short and sweet suite of opportunities to have your voice heard. Share your thoughts on how to promote virtual care, build a patient-friendly web page and developing a user survey.
• To provide quality health care at a distance.
• Patient partners will share how virtual care has worked for them and what would work better.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Have used Fraser Health services
• Experience receiving virtual care (via video) for self or family or supporting a patient via video.
• Able to provide feedback on potential barriers to virtual care (e.g., lack of devices, digital literacy, lack of Wi-Fi, etc.) and help identify where resources should be focused and how to design/ implement virtual health changes.
• Comfortable providing feedback electronically (e.g., over video or using Microsoft Word/ PowerPoint)
• Access to internet and device (e.g., computer, tablet, smartphone, iPad, etc.)
• Rural/ remote perspective an asset, but not required.
A Meet and Greet will be a part of determining the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
• Number of vacancies: 4-8
• Location: All connections will be by phone or Microsoft Teams
• Time Commitment & Date/Time Details to be determined with patient partners
Feedback on Virtual Care experience: What questions should be asked and how can we share what we have to offer in a user-friendly way. Three 60 min meetings over 1- 3 months; possibility for extension.
Virtual (phone/video) clinical care appointments communications: How should we reach patients and the public to advertise virtual health services and to educate on virtual health. Three 60 min meetings over 1- 3 months; possibility for extension.
Web page re-design: What should be on the Virtual Health webpages that’s helpful to you? Up to three 60 min, meetings over 1-3 months; possibility for extension.
No expenses are anticipated. However, we are always seeking to understand and reduce barriers to participation. If you meet the eligibility and would like to be considered for this opportunity, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are support options possible.
Virtual Health is designed to help you receive the care you need in the comfort of your own home. We need your help in identifying what’s needed to best support the public’s care needs through a virtual health platform. These short-term opportunities are designed to give you a chance to share your experience while targeting your input to make the most impact on what is provided.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council