Connection method: Hybrid
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Virtual care at Island Health provides remote patient monitoring and video visits to support our patients with increased access to many specialized services. We would like to invite patient partners to participate in the enhancement and expansion of virtual care services to meet the needs of Island Health residents.
Patient partners will provide feedback on and guidance on two upcoming projects which are focused on supporting patients in the home. The projects include selecting and implementing a new virtual call bell technology (simple two-way communication device with fall detection and location tracking technology) and medication dispensers. Your role in these initiatives will involve joining our clinical partners and the virtual care services team in meetings to inform requirements, evaluate potential solutions and bring the patient perspective to our work. Activities could include opportunities to assist in testing these technologies as well as providing input related to communication of virtual care services to Island Health residents.
Join us to help improve, enhance and expand virtual care services at Island Health!
• Number of vacancies: 2
o Regular meetings once a month or every other month
o Outside of regular meetings, times may be requested to support testing / evaluation of new virtual care services applications or devices.
• Location: Virtually using Zoom or Microsoft Teams, but may vary depending on patient partner’s availability and access to technology/internet.
• Commitment: up to 1 year but may be extended based on the timeline of the projects
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Involve on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- • Preference for applicants located in Victoria, but open to all applicants in the Island Health region. • Experience attending meetings on Zoom or Microsoft Teams • Interest in providing feedback on the use of smart home technologies and improving access to services for patients within their homes.
Patient Partners ARE NOT required to be PVN members to participate in this engagement opportunity.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationRachel Fellner
Virtual Care Specialist, Virtual Care Services | Island Health