Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Join Interior Health as it embarks on the initial stages of the Shuswap Lake Hospital Perioperative Suites Redevelopment Project. This work will assist to build the Functional Program and Schematic Design. Join us to have your say.
Interior Health, Capital Planning and Major Projects
This project aims to have patient partners contribute ideas to the Shuswap Lake Hospital Perioperative Suites Redevelopment Project. Patient partners will provide their unique lens to ensure project teams consider the end goals of meeting exceptional patient care by attending project meetings over the course of several months.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Open to patient partners from: Interior Health region.
• Experience (personal or family) with care from a surgical department at a hospital.
• Some familiarity with a hospital.
• Comfortable sharing patient partner experience that will help provide a lens of ‘the patient journey’.
• Comfortable and able to attend virtual meetings as a guest on MS teams or Via Zoom.
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by this health authority.
– As connection and relationship building is important, we may like to meet with short listed patient partners as part of our selection process in an informal interview between the patient partner and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at a health care site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Meeting schedule to be determined based on the availability of group members.
• Location: Virtually with MS Teams or Zoom
• Commitment: bi-weekly meetings will occur up to 2 hours in duration. Rare occurrence of longer meetings when working through design.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
This project has been requested by the hospital site. Stakeholders will be the CPP team (Interior Health Capital Planning), Site leadership including SME’s (subject matter experts), Architectural and Engineering. The setting is the Acute Care Hospital site in Salmon Arm. This redevelopment project is to bring the surgical department at SLGH up to current standards, provide adequacy for the future, and to meet the MOH (Ministry of Health) strategic goals and objectives. Specifically to ensure timely access to appropriate surgical procedures, and support the health and well-being of all in BC through the delivery of high-quality health services.