Posted • Last updated
Connection method: In-person
Open to Interior Region, preference for Thompson region
Interior Health is seeking patient partners who are passionate about quality care. Join our Quality Committee as we develop Interior Health’s culture of quality and safety within the Thompson region.
Interior Health, Royal Inland Hospital
Patient partners will be part of this committee that seeks to establish, monitor, review, analyze, and evaluate:
• the quality of care provided by medical and health care staff
• the quality and safety of clinical processes of care
• the implementation, integration, and review of multidisciplinary quality and patient safety activities across the organization.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: the Interior Health region, preference for the Thompson region
• Experience working with a larger group, such as a committee.
• Comfortable sharing your health care story and patient perspectives, as well as hearing the shared perspectives of health care partners.
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to Interior Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Interior Health.
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at an Interior Health site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: 4:00pm to 5:30 pm on the third Tuesday of each month except July and August
• Location: In-person, at the Royal Inland Hospital, in Kamloops
– 1 meeting per month of 90 minutes, plus additional time to read meeting minutes and other materials in advance of meetings, excluding July and August.
– 1 year commitment to the committee.
Parking and mileage expenses will be reimbursed to the patient partners as per Interior Health’s expense policies. If you have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Royal Inland Hospital Quality Committee is a multi-disciplinary committee and includes members from a variety of hospital medical and clinical areas. We are looking to expand the membership to include patient partners. We are committed to supporting a diverse and welcoming environment. We encourage participation from an array of identities, abilities, backgrounds, cultures, skills, perspectives, and experiences that are representative of our region’s current and evolving members.
The key objectives of the Royal Inland Hospital Quality Committee are to champion the local implementation of organization-wide quality, patient safety, risk, and accreditation activities, as well as support the mindset of continuous quality improvement by focusing on process and respecting people.
In addition, this committee is responsible for receiving and analyzing reports related to quality indicators and performance measures, identifying trends in data and assisting in the selection of potential areas for local quality improvement projects. Please see our Terms of Reference for more information.