Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Fraser Health Communities
Providing support and compassion in residential care takes a 24/7 focus on quality and safety. Fraser Health are seeking six patient partners to share their lived experience with residential care to develop new monitoring tools that help inform improvements.
Open to: Patient partners from Fraser Health Communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health Residential Care
- To redesign the Quality Assurance process by creating an overall Quality and Safety Framework for residential care.
- Patient partners will provide valuable feedback to ensure that the new monitoring tools reflect what really matters to residents and families.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityThis engagement is ideal for patient Partners who:
- Have a real passion for creating an excellent culture of care that promotes respect and dignity for residents; and
- Can share their experience with a lens on how to measure activities to improve care.
- Vacancies: 6
- Date/Time: June, date and time to be determined in consultation with patient partners
- Location: TBD
- Commitment: One time
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundFraser Health is accountable to the public via the government, specifically the Ministry of Health, with respect to stewarding long-term care home services, ensuring that the resources are used well, and care home residents receive good quality of care. The overall goal of this project is to redesign Quality Assurance for Long-Term Care Homes to ensure an efficient system and effective processes for assessing quality and safety in service delivery.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley