Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Do you have an interest in quality improvement? The new Physician Quality Improvement Initiative Committee provides a unique platform for patients to give feedback and work alongside physician champions throughout Interior Health to improve health care services.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimThe intention of the initiative is to build capacity and support for physician led quality improvement within Interior Health.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Experience with the health care system, or another quality/customer service industry;
- Preference will be given to those with quality improvement experience
- Vacancies: 1 (to join an existing Patient Partner)
- This committee is newly forming and details such as frequency and location of meetings are to be determined; teleconference option will be available for those outside of the Kelowna area.
- The first meeting is expected to be held in early October.
- There may be occasional in-person meetings (in Kelowna)
ReimbursementExpenses such as mileage and parking will be provided based in the Interior Health Travel Policy with pre-approval.
BackgroundPhysician Quality Improvement (PQI), a partnership between Interior Health and Doctors of BC/Specialist Services Committee, is an initiative to engage physicians and build capacity in the areas of quality improvement, leadership, project management and change management.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region