Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
We’re redesigning the Patient Voices Network website to make it more user-friendly and improve accessibility, and would love your help! If you’re interested in sharing your input to help improve our website, this might be the opportunity for you!
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council - Communications
AimAs we redesign PVN’s website, our goal is to evaluate what’s working well and what needs improvement to make it more accessible for people with disabilities and more helpful and easy to use for all our patient and health care partners. The role of the patient partner will be to review changes and ensure that the website is easily accessible and understood.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners from across the province who:
- Are fluent in English and comfortable using computers and accessing websites
- Have some experience searching for information on the PVN website
- Are comfortable participating in meetings with teleconference and videoconference technology
- Please note:
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: bi-weekly 2-hour meetings for up to 4 months (until project completion)
- Meetings will take place online via Webex or by teleconference
- Commitment: 2 - 4 months
ReimbursementThere are no anticipated costs associated with this opportunity due to the virtual format.
BackgroundPVN members have provided feedback suggesting that the PVN website needs to be made more accessible. In addition, the website needs some updates to improve functionality, update the “look and feel”, and improve the way information and resources are displayed. The website redesign working group will consist of 2 patient partners who will be working alongside members of the the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council’s Communication Team and Patient & Public Engagement (PPE) Team. The working group will also consult with additional patient partners, Health Care Partners, and web developers at various stages throughout the project. Goals:
- Improve accessibility for people with disabilities
- Simplify and improve the way information and resources are displayed
- Improve online processes such as the Sign-up Form, Engagement Request Form, Opportunity Invites, and Event Invites
- Modernize the website to make it up-to-date with current best practices
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island