Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Health care leaders make everyday decisions that influence the type of health care patients receive across BC. Become one of the patient partners sitting on the BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services Patient and Family Partnership Leadership Interview Panel to ensure their decisions are person- and family-centred!
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterprofessional Practice & Patient experience, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS)
AimTo hire leaders that align with person- and family-centred care principles across BCMHSUS. Patient partners will ask questions and provide feedback to other hiring panel participants to ensure that what matters to patient and families is reflected in the final hiring decisions.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Live in or around the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
- Have a strong desire to ensure the experiences of patients and families are a key priority within BCMHSU
- Preference will be given to those with experience as a client or family with the mental health or substance use care in BC
- Prepared to review and analyze documents, contribute to interview processes, and provide recommendations in a rigorous and comprehensive manner
- Comfortable with receiving requests for participation with short notice (1-3 weeks)
- Have the courage and self-confidence to engage fully with others in strong leadership positions; express your thoughts and opinions, even if they represent a minority position on the panel; and ask questions when information is unclear
- Vacancies: 2
- Location: In Vancouver at the corporate headquarters of BCMHSUS
- Date/time: Late June/July initially, possibility of a repeated experience
- Commitment: To be determined, in consultation with patient partners
ReimbursementParking fees and mileage will be reimbursed. Meals on the day of the interview will be provided or reimbursed. Mileage & parking & transit costs will be reimbursed (can take up to 4 weeks for reimbursement) Further discussion of compensation will take place directly with Patient Partners
BackgroundBCMHSUS is on a journey to engage with patients and families. Ensuring we hire leaders that see person- and family-centred care as a priority is an important part of that journey. Our interview panel will be the executive director for interprofessional practice & patient experience and other leaders from within the organization. Interview guides, resumes etc. will be provided at the time of the interview.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley