Connection method: Virtual
Open to Northern Region
Please join Northern Health in developing a patient survey that will tell us what went well and what could be improved with the care experience for people accessing prenatal care who live in larger bodies.
To improve the evaluation of the patient care experience for people accessing prenatal care who live in larger bodies. Patient partners will:
• Learn about the project, including reading the clinical practice standard
• Share what matters to them in perinatal care
• Help to develop a patient experience survey
• Provide input on the consent form
• Give suggestions for how to circulate the survey
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Open to patient partners from: Northern BC area served by Northern Health region.
• Received perinatal care from Northern Health
• Self identify as a person living in a larger body
• Have internet access and own a computer or tablet
• Are comfortable using Zoom or MS Teams for meetings
• Indigenous patient partners are encouraged to apply
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– While not required for this opportunity, interested applicants may want to register as a volunteer with PVN to support participation in other engagement opportunities, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 2-4
• Date/Time: To be dertermined depending on patient partner availability
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
– A one time, 2 hour meeting with project leads
– Some additional time may be needed beforehand to review materials such as the clinical practice standard, the patient survey and consent form.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Beginning in 2019, health care providers expressed interest in having a standardized approach to care for pregnant people who live in larger bodies in order to improve their health outcomes and experiences of care. The perinatal care team at Northern Health has created a clinical practice standard to guide health care providers in providing care forthis patient population. This standard of care is being piloted in 5 sites across Northern Health. A patient experience survey needs to be developed to measure the impact of the updated clinical practice standards on health outcomes and care experiences of people receiving this care. As members of the survey development team, patient partners will have access to the documents that are developed.