Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
We are looking for patient partners to join our “Vested Relationship Team, a group of Hospitalists and Island Health leaders who meet bi-monthly to support the physician and administration relationship. Join us and have your say!
Island Health, Hospitalists, and Contracts
Our aim is to ensure that patient perspectives are heard and inform quality discussions and decisions. An upcoming key topic that patient partners will be involved in on this committee:
• Providing input on the methodology and results of a patient satisfaction survey pilot regarding the Hospitalists who provide medical care to patients on medical units at the Victoria General Hospital.
• Working with the Relationship team to improve the survey process, as well as considering strategies for addressing the early survey results.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Open to patient partners across the Vancouver Island region
• Experience (personal or family) receiving care from a hospitalist in an acute care setting is preferred.
• Experience or knowledge with creating surveys or managing survey responses is preferred.
• Comfortable sharing your personal health care experiences with a group of physicians and health care leaders.
• Familiar with using Zoom for virtual meetings.
• Please note:
- This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email email@example.com
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at an Island Health site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference
• Number of vacancies: 2
– Last Thursday of May, July, Sept, and Nov 2022
– 12noon – 1pm (1 hour)
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 4 meetings, with a possibility for extension into 2023
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
We are a team of Hospitalist physicians (family physicians who focus their practice on patients who are in hospital at Victoria General Hospital or Royal Jubilee Hospital), Island Health administration leaders, and Clinical Nurse Educators working together to ensure quality care in hospitals. Our committee, the “Vested Team”, meet once every 2 months for 1 hour to discuss and make decisions on many topics. Having patient partners join our team is very important to ensure that patient perspectives are heard and inform our discussions and decisions. Patient partners will join our 2022 meetings starting May 2022, through to November 2022, for a total of four, one hour meetings.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island