Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Providing high quality and safe care is a priority for the cardiac team at Fraser Health. If you are interested in sharing your lived experience to help the development of a patient experience survey for cardiac services this is the opportunity for you!
Fraser Health, Professional Practice
• To develop survey questions that are easy to understand and relate to the priority of cardiac patients, their family members and caregivers.
• Patient partners will share their perspective on questions for the survey and contribute to increasing the understanding of patients’ experiences in cardiac care.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to patient partners across Fraser Health communities who:
• Have lived experience of receiving cardiac services either directly or as a family member or caregiver.
• Are comfortable sharing their experiences, ideas and feedback with the cardiac nurse leader.
• Have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone (with internet access) to be able to attend online meetings or to be able to provide feedback via email.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Jami Brown.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date and Time: Virtual meetings (MS Teams) to be scheduled based on patient partner availability. Feedback can also be provided via email.
• Location: Online participation.
• Commitment: one week to 3 months.
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
A patient experience survey is a way for Fraser Health to learn from persons in our care and their families what we are doing right and what may need improvement. The survey is confidential and anonymous as no personal information is collected.
Survey results will be available immediately by the leadership team and used to improve the health care quality, safety and the overall experience of cardiac services.
Work with the cardiac nurse leader to develop these survey questions.
Cardiac services at Fraser Health include:
– Surgical interventions
– Management of heart disease
– Support for those living with heart failure
– Intervention and assessment of heart issues (such as atrial fibrillation, chest pain)
– Health heart program (supporting people with cardiac issues to manage their well-being through weight management, smoking cessation, stress reduction, and exercise therapy)