Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Help us review our capital planning prioritization process! As part of the annual budget process, Island Health is prioritizing its 2023/2024 Capital Plan for projects and equipment. We are looking for patient partners to provide the patient experience lens regarding our annual process and make recommendations.
Capital Planning & Leasing, Island Health
Patient partners will be part of meetings where the committee’s aim is to:
• develop a Capital Plan for 2023/2024
• review the process for the 2023/2024 Capital Planning process
• participate in prioritization meetings for the 2023/2024 Capital Planning process with program leadership.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Open to patient partners from across Vancouver Island region
• Have a keen interest in the process of budgeting resources for the future of the organization’s long-term plans.
• Please note:
– This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email email@example.com
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at an Island Health site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 2
– March 2022 to March 202
– Meetings are once or twice a month
– Days and times to be determined
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 12 months with the possibility of renewal
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Executive Director, Capital Management & Finance Projects leads an annual capital prioritization process and wants to include patient partners throughout this process, to provide feedback on the process steps (note: partners will not be required to provide input on outcomes, just process).
Capital Planning involves deciding where to spend money on fixed assets in the future. The intention is to make every effort to ensure each available dollar is allocated to the organization’s top priorities. It is important that patient voices be informed of the process and provide comments that could be used to improve the process.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island