Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Neurologists are key team members in diagnostic work-up, prognosis and successful treatment of epilepsy. To improve neurological assessment of patients, a collaborative team at Simon Fraser University and Fraser Health Authority is seeking two patient partners to share their lived experience with epilepsy to help develop a decision support system that highlights medical emergencies through the reading of electroencephalographic (EEG) recordings enhanced through artificial intelligence.
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentSimon Fraser University
- A key goal is to build a decision support system to prime neurologists on their interpretation of electroencephalographic (EEG) recordings through artificial intelligence.
- Patient partners will help prioritize our research questions, advise on lived experience and participate in meetings.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to volunteers in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley who:
- have experience with epilepsy as a patient or caregiver
- are interested in health research
- thrive in a team environment
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/Time: To be determined with patient partners
- Location: Via telephone, video conference, email and in-person
- Commitment: Once a month, 2 hours each, with document review prior to meeting, 7 months to 1 year
ReimbursementOut-of-pocket expenses (mileage, transit fares, parking) will be reimbursed. In addition, compensation will be discussed with the patient partner on an individual basis.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
BC SUPPORT Unit – Fraser Centre
604.587.4600 ext. 765870