Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
Have you had a virtual care experience? The Office of Virtual Health (Provincial Health Services Authority) is organizing our monthly provincial Zoom training for staff. We invite you to share with us your insights on how health care teams can best support you before, during, and after a virtual appointment. This is a opportunity for LIVE Q&A with staff via Zoom.
PHSA, Office of Virtual Health
To provide the opportunity for patient partners to share their experiences of virtual health appointments with staff and clinicians and give space for real-time interactions between the virtual health care team(s) and patient partners regarding the use of Zoom for appointments.
• Are comfortable in sharing your story
• Are interested in virtual care
• Have Zoom experience and attended a virtual appointment with either Provincial Health Services Association, Providence Health care, Vancouver Island Health or Doctors of BC
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
• If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date and Time: April 29, 12 – 1pm
• Location: virtual (minimal preparation time may include reviewing a lesson plan prior to the training session)
• Commitment: One time
If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cathy Almost (email@example.com) and we can identify solutions. Otherwise, no expenses are anticipated.
Office of virtual health partners with other health care organizations (e.g. Providence Health Authority, and Vancouver Island Health Authority) to plan and deliver a monthly online Zoom training session for staff. Traditionally, this session focuses on Zoom functionality and clinical workflows. We are expanding the topics to include sharing patient experience and insights.
This will be the first time we will invite patient partners onto our trainer panel that’s traditionally focused on Zoom functionality and workflows (session will still be facilitated by office of virtual health)
Trainer panel typically involves 4 Office of Virtual Health members, 1-2 leaders from PHSA, 1-2 representatives from other health authorities, and a customer success manager from Zoom vendor. We explore a different topic every month (i.e. Zoom chat functionality, how to set up breakout rooms and use whiteboards, review of latest version update, new functions, and security features).
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCathy Almost
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region