Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Volunteers from Vancouver
Are you passionate about improving patient experience at BC Cancer’s Vancouver Centre? Then you could help design their new Patient Experience Kiosks!
RSVP deadline: Open until filled
Open to: Volunteers from Vancouver
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Centre
AimThis is a pilot project to design and implement two Patient Experience Kiosks. Patient partners will provide insight from a patient perspective on the design of the hardware and software of the kiosks, allowing the project team to incorporate the needs of the patients into the kiosks’ design.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns.
- Open to volunteers from the Vancouver Mainland
- Volunteers should either be current/past BC Cancer Agency patients, or a relative of a current/past BC Cancer Agency Patient.
- PVN members need to have previously attended a PVN orientation session. (If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible).
- Vacancies: 2
- It is estimated that the project will take 6-10 weeks to complete, anticipating 2-3 meetings. Meeting dates are to be determined, it is planned that meetings will commence late September/early October. Meetings will take place during the working week – Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm and will last between 1 and 1 ½ hours. The project team will work with patient partners to find suitable dates and times for the meetings.
- Meetings will be held at the BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Centre. Preference is for Patient Partners to attend in person.
ReimbursementPatient partners will be reimbursed for parking expenses or transit costs. The estimated reimbursement timeline is within 3 weeks of the expense form being submitted.
BackgroundThis engagement opportunity has resulted from a pilot project to introduce two Patient Experience Kiosks. The kiosks will be introduced into patient waiting areas and/or family rooms. The project requires both the design and implementation of the kiosks. There has been one initial round table discussion with the Vancouver Centre admin team and iClinic to scope the project. The next project meetings will include all stakeholders, including the patient partners and will focus on agreeing the processes, content and design of the kiosks. The project team is made up of: project lead; Vancouver Centre Admin; iClinic software developers; leaders and staff from the two pilot areas; volunteer services; library staff; representatives from Patient Safety and Learning System. Discussions with infection control will take place during the design and implementation of the kiosks to mitigate potential infection control risks. The project team will liaise with the patient privacy office and a Patient Privacy Assessment will be conducted to mitigate potential confidentiality risk as the kiosks will allow patients to enter their name and contact details when submitting feedback.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast