Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Dignity and respect are key components of patient -and family- centred care, so Interior Health welcomes one additional patient partner from across the Interior Region to join their steering committee.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health (IH)
AimThe goal of the Interior Health Patient -and Family- Centred Care (PFCC) Steering Committee is to improve system outcomes related to the Ministry of Health Patient -Centred Care principles of dignity and respect, information sharing, participation and collaboration.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Experience within the health care system as a patient or caregiver would be beneficial
- Experience working at a steering committee level, with senior staff would also be of benefit but not mandatory
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact the Engagement Leader directly to see if accommodations may be possible
- Vacancies: 1
- Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month from 10:15 am – 11:45 am
- Meetings are held in July and August at the discretion of the chair
- Meetings are held in Kelowna, either in-person or by teleconference/webinar
- Term: 1-2 years
- Meeting documents will be sent out one week prior to the meeting date
- Subcommittees and working groups will submit agenda items to the Chair two weeks in advance of the meeting
- Mileage expenses will be reimbursed within the Interior Health Central area (Penticton to Vernon)
- If the volunteer lives within one day round trip driving distance but further than the above, mileage expenses will be covered for first face to face meeting and for following meetings will be asked to call in
- If meetings or events are scheduled for over lunch, the meal expenses will be reimbursed based on the employee travel policy
- The Interior Health Patient -and Family- Centered Care (PFCC) Steering Committee team provides strategic direction to ensure that the spread and sustainability on issues related to PFCC philosophy, policy, and program occurs as close to the Ministry of Health Patients as Partners philosophy as possible.
- Based on the Ministry of Health direction for patients to be central to the work and based on the IH Strategic direction of “Every Person Matters”, the IH PFCC Steering committee was formed. The purpose is to help bring together IH leaders from key portfolios to provide/develop guiding principles for IH patient -centred care.
- Work in this area is not expected to generate immediate results. Although it is recognized as a priority within Interior Health, competing initiatives often take precedence over the PFCC objective. This committee requires the patient to be energetic yet realistic to the time large scale change takes within the health authority.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region