Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
The Emergency Services Network (ESN) is creating a framework that is patient centred, evidence-based medicine for all 34 emergency departments across the Interior region. We are hoping to include the voice of the patient to guide us, make us accountable and co-lead the work with us.
Interior Health – Emergency Services Network
The goal is to form a partnership with patient partners who can assist us in driving patient centred care in the Emergency Departments. The hope is that patients can direct us using their lived experience to drive change which improves patient experience in the emergency departments.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Experience in visiting a Emergency department as a patient, family or caregiver
• Familiarity with process improvement, data and leading focus groups
• Be solution focussed
• Looking at applying best practices and patient research to process improvement initiatives
• Number of vacancies: 4
• Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
– The group will start meeting in February 2022
– Meeting will occur every 2 months and be 3 hours in length
– Meetings will be held by teleconference, Zoom or Skype
– It is anticipated that this work will continue over a year
If required, all travel, food and accommodations will be covered by the Emergency Services Network. Pre-approval is required for all expenses.
The Patient Partner will be an integrated team member into the strategy planning and decision making for the Emergency Services Network for Interior Health. This is top priority for the ESN. The patient’s voice is instrumental to have at the table.
Role will be mutual partnerships, research centric (SPOR) assist in developing information design to improve patient experience in the ED.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCarol Stathers
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region