Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland, patient partners from Langley
The Langley Primary Care Network (PCN) is hosting a virtual feedback session to review the patient journey, using the new PCN service plan, with a focus on finding a family doctor, accessing care after hours, navigating specialized services, and receiving care various healthcare providers. They are seeking six patient partners to provide to participate in this session.
Primary Care Network – Langley
• To develop a service plan that seeks to improve primary care services in Langley.
• The patient advisor will review the patient journey, using the new PCN service plan, providing input on the benefits and challenges with the new PCN service plan and sharing ideas on communicating the new PCN service plan.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers from Langley who:
• Have experience with primary care in Langley.
• Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting.
• Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement.
• Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 6
• Date/Time: The session is hoped to take place the week of November 14th, in consultation with schedules of those interested.
• Commitment: One time.
• Location: Virtual participation.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Primary Health Care is meeting basic needs in the community for all users. A Primary Care Network (PCN) is a clinical network of local primary care service providers located in a geographical area. A PCN is enabled by a partnership between the local division of family practice and health authority, along with local First Nations. In a PCN, patients get access to timely, comprehensive and coordinated team-based care, guided by eight core attributes:
• Access and attachment to quality primary care
• Extended hours
• Same day access to urgent care
• Advice & information
• Comprehensive primary care
• Culturally safe care
• Coordinated care
• Clear communication
In Langley, there are 30,532 patients unattached, and the establishment of a Primary Care Network (PCN) aims to bridge that gap through various strategies. Langley’s PCN is proposed to be geographically divided into three regions:
• PCN North = Walnut Grove, Fort Langley and Willoughby
• PCN Central = Brookswood, Murrayville and Langley City
• PCN East = North Langley Township, South Langley Township and Aldergrove