Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Ensuring the quality and safety of medical care within Fraser Health involves multiple partners and perspectives. The Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (HAMAC) seeks a patient partner to join them as they support medical care resources, education and services in Fraser Health.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentMedical Affairs - Fraser Health
- HAMAC provides advice to the Board of Directors and to the CEO on the provision of medical care within the facilities and programs operated by the Fraser Health
- The patient advisor will share their patient insight on health care services within Fraser Health
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners in Fraser Health communities who:
- Have had health care experience with Fraser Health services, either as a patient or caregiver
- Exhibit a keen interest in medical care (physician services)
- Are excited to work in partnership with health care teams, and
- Have experience/understanding of committee work
- 1 vacancy
- Date/time: Second Wednesday evening of the month
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Commitment: Once a month, One-year term
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking and/or public transit).
BackgroundFor more information about HAMAC (including details about the duties of the committee): http://medicalstaff.fraserhealth.ca/Quality-and-Safety/ The membership of HAMAC shall be described in Medical Staff Rules, and shall include representation from the following areas: •members of the medical staff who have been appointed to medical leadership positions within the Health Authority •members of the medical staff who have been elected by the medical staff of the Health Authority •the Chief Medical Health Officer of the Health Authority •the Vice President Medicine of the Health Authority, who shall provide secretariat services to the HAMAC •the CEO of the Health Authority, who shall be a non-voting member •other senior administrative or medical staff of the Health Authority as appropriate, in a non-voting capacity
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley