Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
The Surrey Memorial Hospital Arthroplasty Central Intake Working Group is in the process of developing a Central Intake and Assessment Centre for Hip and Knee Replacements. This initiative aligns with the triple aim of improving health, providing an improved patient care experience and reducing the cost of care. Streamlining and standardizing the referral process, the anticipated results will be decreased wait times for surgeon consults, decreased length of stay by proactively identifying and mitigating risk across the continuum, and engaging patients in self-management.
Open to: Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentSurgery Program, Surrey Memorial Hospital - Fraser Health
- Ensure patient advisor concerns and aspirations are considered in the development of a central intake and optimization program for hip & knee surgery at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
- The goal is to centralize, streamline, and standardize processes with the aim of decreasing wait times for surgical consults and length of stay. Improvement in self-management through engaging patients is a desired outcome as well.
- The patient advisor will develop a meaningful partnership with the team who will reflect on their perspective throughout the process
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to volunteers in the Fraser Area who have experienced hip or knee surgery services at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Vacancies: 1
- Date/Time: Weekly working group meetings (Wednesday 12 noon – 1pm) and monthly with surgeon champions (7am). Patient attendance to be determined based on availability and relevance of meetings.
- Commitment: 7 months to 1 year
- Location: Surrey Memorial Hospital, 3rd Floor Administration
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundWho is involved: Key stakeholders include site leadership (directors and managers), surgeons, business analysts, rehabilitation practice lead and project planning leader.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley