Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Partner with the Providence Health Care team in the creation of this year’s Patient and Resident Experience Week! We are hoping to gain some valuable insight and ideas from you on how we should celebrate and bring awareness to the patient and resident experience in our facilities.
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentProvidence Health Care, Professional Practice and Nursing, Care Experience
AimWe are planning the April 2018 Patient and Resident Experience Week, and would like your insight, ideas, and opinions! Although our week of events is for employees of Providence Health Care, it is also for our patients, resident and their families; therefore it’s important to us that they are included in the creation of this event. We are also planning a Thank You event for the Patient Advisors who have partnered with Providence Health Care over the year, and we hope you will bring your ideas and insights on how we could that a special part of the Patient and Resident Experience Week. Date, time and location of the Thank You event not yet determined.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Enjoys brainstorming ideas with others
- Experience working in group settings
- Experience as a patient, resident or caregiver (friend or family) at one of the Providence Health Care Facilities is preferred
- Vacancies: 2-6
- Brainstorming and planning meetings will be held at St. Paul's Hospital (SPH)
- The first meeting will be scheduled the week of January 29 – February 2 with one or two subsequent meetings scheduled as needed in February and/or March.
- Participation via teleconference will be made available if you are unable to attend meetings at SPH.
- The patient and resident experience week is the week of April 23-27. You are welcome to attend the events during this week, including a Thank You event for the Patient Advisors (date and time not yet determined). Although we hope you are available to attend the events that week, is it not mandatory that you are available that week in order to participate in the planning meetings.
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel (i.e. transit, parking up to $18/day, and approved mileage) will be reimbursed by the health care partner. Please note that it may take 4-6 weeks to process expenses.
BackgroundEach year Providence Health Care hosts a week of awareness regarding the Patient and Resident Experience. This year it will be held on April 23-27. The week is an opportunity for health care providers, patients, residents, and their families to acknowledge the importance of the care experience, to celebrate our successes, give thanks to our Patient Advisors, and to explore solutions and ideas moving forward. The Care Experience Team works often with patients, residents and their families in various engagements for Providence Health Care, such as educating health care providers on patient and family centered care policies, guidelines and practices. Because Providence Health Care serves a variety of settings, we hope that the Patient and Resident Experience Week will engage people in our acute care hospitals, our residential care homes and our community care sites.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast