Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Imagine brain, stroke and nervous system (Neurology) care when you have a new hospital tower! The Royal Columbian Hospital team is creating a model of care and planning for this great new space and is seeking two patient partners to join them.
Professional Practice – Fraser Health
• To review the neurology health care journey, ensure the services provided meet the needs of patients, and plan what the new space at Royal Columbian Hospital should include.
• Patient partners will offer their unique perspective and insight and help guide our discussion.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers from across Fraser Health who:
• Have experience as a patient, family or caregiver with brain and/or the nervous system.
• Are comfortable sharing their experience.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity and determination of the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Virtual Meetings will be held on the last Thursday of the month from 7:30 am – 8:30 am
• Commitment: One-hour virtual meetings, 6-month project
• Location: Telephone or via Zoom
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Fraser Health is building a new hospital tower.
There will be dedicated space in the new tower specifically focused on supporting patients who require care of the brain, stroke and nervous system (neurology). Currently, the team is creating a model of care and planning for this great new space. The hope is to include patients in this team by attending regular monthly meetings where they will discuss the local and regional strategy for Neurological Services in Fraser Health. The team is looking to make sure that neurological services are provided in a logical and comprehensive way.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council