Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Providing support and compassion in long term care takes a 24/7 focus on the resident experience. Fraser Health are seeking six patient partners to share their lived experience in a plan to improve the resident experience in Long Term Care and Assisted Living across the region.
Fraser Health – Strategic Transformation
• To help guide our work over the next 3 years, with the goal of shaping a three-year strategic plan that will support the vision of a thriving Long Term Care and Assisted Living community.
• Patient advisors will draw on their lived experience to share what’s important to them, help identify what is going well and identify areas for improvement through a one-time only engagement session.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to patient partners from Fraser Health Communities who have:
• Had experience with Fraser Health Long Term Care and/or Assisted Living directly, or as a caregiver.
• A real passion for creating an excellent culture of care that promotes respect and dignity for residents.
• Experience or ability to meet virtually, using Zoom as the platform.
A Meet and Greet may be a part of determining the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
• Vacancies: 6
• Date/Time: Mid April, details to be determined in consultation with Patient Advisors.
• Location: Virtual, using Zoom
• Commitment: 1 virtual meeting, with the potential of some reading outside of the meeting
No expenses anticipated.
The Long Term Care Assisted Living Program is engaging with a variety of interested participants to make sure different perspectives are included in the development of the strategic plan. The team has is looking to talk with residents and families to ensure that the plan reflects the values and issues of importance to them.
Long Term Care Assisted Living resources:
Health Care Partner Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council