Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Overcrowding. Wait times. Access to care when and where you need it. If these topics interest you, and you have some time to contribute your voice alongside Fraser Health leadership, they are seeking two patient advisors to join their Leadership Access and Flow Steering Committee.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentInnovation, Planning, and Transformation Team – Fraser Health
- To review practice and data (related to reducing congestion and improving access to health care services throughout Fraser Health) and develop regional strategies that aim to improve access to health services and flow through the health care system.
- The patient voice is a powerful ally to help inspire the relevant practice changes needed in care delivery by sharing their experience, bringing ideas for consideration, and creating an enhanced understanding of what matters to patients, families and caregivers across Fraser Health communities.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners in Fraser Health communities who:
- Have experience with Fraser Health care, as either a patient, family member and/or caregiver, with a strong understanding of hospital care (from emergency departments to admissions to care received on the floor and discharge to community)
- Are excited to contribute their perspective to inform, engage and discuss how to improve access and enhance care in the community
- Like to work in partnership with health care teams, bring progressive ideas and work as a team for improving health care services
- Vacancies: 2
- Date/time: First Tuesday of the month, from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Location: Central City, Surrey
- Commitment: One meeting per month, for a two-year term
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health travel policy (including mileage, parking and/or public transit). Details of this process, and the length of time for reimbursement, will be shared directly with the patient partner.
BackgroundBeing able to provide care, in the right time and place, when it’s most needed, is a critical part of an exemplary health care system. Being able to meet those expectations is a Fraser Health priority, yet the ability to meet this performance is inconsistent, leading to real consequences for patients and care providers. For example, overcrowding in emergency departments and inpatient units negatively affects patient health outcomes and the experience of providing care. This, in turn, creates downstream effects where patients, families and caregivers do not have access to the care that we need. Fraser Health has a unique opportunity to work with patients, families and caregivers to improve the patient journey from hospital to home. The Leadership Steering Committee came together with a vision to employ a harmonized approach to improving care, when and where it’s needed, starting at the hospital. New tools are being used to ensure care and discharge planning for our patients stay on track so that patients receive the best quality care. Members of this committee include Fraser Health vice presidents, medical directors, executive directors, physicians, and experts in system optimization, quality and patient safety, and project/change management.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland/Fraser