Posted • Last updated
Connection methods: Virtual, In-person
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Fraser Health is developing a plan to offer remote patient monitoring for heart failure patients. They are seeking two patient advisors to be a part of patient journey mapping to better understand the interactions, actions, timelines, feelings, concerns, and supports that impact the patient experience.
• To decrease the length of stay in the hospital, improve the patient experience and detect changes in heart function which will lead to faster treatment and care and prevent readmission to hospital. The hope is to improve patient’s confidence and knowledge to self-manage their health.
• The patient advisor will share their experience receiving care in the Heart Function Clinic by helping the team better understand the interactions, actions, timelines, feelings, concerns, and supports that impact the patient experience.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers from Fraser Health communities who:
• Have heart failure with experience receiving care at a Heart Function Clinic.
• Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting.
• Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement.
• Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: Maximum 3 meetings, date/time in consultation with your schedule.
• Commitment: One to six months.
• Location: Hybrid (a blend of in-person and virtual participation).
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.