Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Chilliwack and surrounding communities
Access to health care services in the right place and at the right time continues to be a focus of Chilliwack family physicians through their Internal Medicine Clinic. The clinic leadership team is seeking a patient advisor to assist them in their planning for this important primary care service in Chilliwack.
Open to: Patient partners from Chilliwack and surrounding communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentChilliwack Division of Family Practice. Lead Physician: Dr. Ling Low
AimThe clinic aims to provide good quality care to patients without family physicians, ensuring that patient needs are met with the hopes of avoiding re-admission for the same issue. A patient advisor would:
- provide feedback to understand the hurdles patients may face receiving outpatient care;
- advise how the clinic can anticipate these hurdles for a successful transition out of hospital to avoid re-admissions; and
- give ideas on how to educate patients so that they can become more activated in their care to ease patient expectations of care providers.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Has experience health care system, as a patient or family member, particularly transitioning to a family doctor after receiving complex services in the hospital, or home health services
- Brings an enthusiastic patient voice to the team and can critically assess systems, and process as they design a pathway for patients
LogisticsVacancies: 1 Date, Time, Location: At Chilliwack General Hospital on Tuesdays at 700 or 730 or Wednesday at 730 or 800 for one hour, once per month. Commitment: six-month duration
ReimbursementPre-approved expenses related to travel to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundThe Graduated Care Clinic treats patients who are deemed ready for discharge as their care can be done as an outpatient as opposed to an inpatient.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley