Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
Fraser Health is committed to improving the safety, appropriateness and quality of health care services across the region. Including the patients’ voice in those discussions highlights the importance of mutually beneficial partnerships to improve health care. The Fraser Health (FH) Quality & Safety Portfolio is seeking multiple patient advisors to join them in working on various projects and committees to achieve that goal.
Open to: Patient partners from Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health (FH) Quality & Safety Portfolio
AimTo seek patient advisor insights for a variety of engagement opportunities in the FH Quality & Safety Portfolio, including:
- committees or working groups
- creating or reviewing patient education materials
- planning a conference or
- taking part in health care provider hospital orientations
Level of EngagementThe level of engagement will vary, depending on the types of projects and/or committees patient advisors participate in. Part of the information session will provide more insight on how this will be determined.
EligibilityPatient advisors from Fraser Health communities who are interested in learning about Fraser Health, building new skills and:
- Believe the best in people
- Are positive and solution-focused
- Want to work as part of a team
- Can speak to a lived experience with Fraser Health programs and services, either as a patient, family member or caregiver
- Vacancies: 5-7 currently, with on-going recruitment happening throughout the year
- Date/Time: To be determined, in consultation with patient advisors
- Location: To be determined, based on project or committees
- Commitment: One year term (with an option for renewal up to two years)
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage each way, parking and public transit).
BackgroundPlease note: any interested patient partners will be contacted with further details about an information session. If patient safety and quality is an interest area of yours, we encourage you to RSVP for this initial stage of development.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley