Posted • Last updated
Connection methods: Virtual, In-person
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
A team at Eagle Ridge hospital is meeting regularly to plan ways to educate health care providers about the acute care for elders approach and other topics related to seniors care. They are seeking two patient partners to join the team.
Eagle Ridge Hospital – Fraser Health
• To provide appropriate, qualified, knowledgeable, and effective management for hospitalized seniors. We hope to enable seniors to continue to live in the community by assisting them to maintain or improve their abilities and prevent or delay the need to move to long term care.
*Seniors are defined as people who are over 65 years old.
• The patient advisor will help the team brainstorm new ideas, support education through storytelling, prioritize topics and services.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers from Fraser Health communities who are:
• Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting.
• A hospitalized senior or a caregiver to a senior in the hospital.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: You are welcome to join the monthly team meetings if you are available. The team will work with you based on your availability.
• Commitment: Up to six months.
• Location: Hybrid (a blend of in-person and virtual participation).
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.