Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners from West Kelowna area
Have your voice heard around space, design and cultural safety in the West Kelowna Health Services Centre.
Open to: Patient partners from West Kelowna area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health Authority - Primary and Community Care
AimThe aim of this opportunity is to ensure that the patient lens is utilized in design to ensure the space is patient friendly, streamlined, safe and accessible and includes a culturally appropriate indigenous lens.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Lives in Central Okanagan.
- Ability to speak in small group to identify possible design opportunities.
- Ability to be attend in person to look at design plans
- It is hoped that this group will include 2-3 indigenous patient partners
LogisticsNumber of vacancies: up to 5 Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
- It will be a 1 - 1.5 hour session to review plans, discuss space and design from a patient perspective
- The meeting will be held at Kelowna Health Services Centre downtown Kelowna, 505 Doyle Ave.
- Date and time TBD, during regular office hours
ReimbursementPatients will be reimbursed for parking and mileage as per IH policy.
BackgroundWest Kelowna Health services is redesigning their building to align with principles of patient centred, accessible, streamlined care. Interior health staff are hoping to gather input around cultural safety, patient access, trauma-informed space design to ensure positive experiences for our patients.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region