Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the North Okanagan area
You’re invited to join this improvement project which focuses on decreasing readmission of vulnerable patients to the Emergency Department while utilizing existing resources within the department.
Open to: Patient partners in the North Okanagan area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
- The goal of this project is to understand readmission and existing resources to the ED at Vernon Jubilee Hospital by vulnerable patients which may help prevent their admission.
- The project will use a quality lens to examine the vulnerable patient journey through ED to discharge and potential subsequent readmission. The intent is to better understand utilization of existing resources and identify gaps in service delivery.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityFor patient partners who have been a patient and/or received services in the Vernon Jubilee Hospital ED. If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancies: 1
- Dates: November 27 - December 1,
- Times: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and 8:00 to 12:30 on the Friday
- Location: Vernon Jubilee Hospital
- Commitment: One week session with follow up in 6 months
ReimbursementFree parking and free lunch/beverages.
BackgroundDuring the five days, you will learn about Lean (see definition below), and work with staff to understand the current state, identify ideas to improve the process flow and eliminate waste within the process while adding value to the patient experience. If you cannot commit to the 5 days, the second option is to attend to share your patient experience story. Definition: Lean is a systematic approach to identify and eliminate waste or non-value added activities through continuous improvement. The focus of this work is through the eye of the patient. Patient perspective is key to ensure the improvements made truly eliminate waste and add value to the process.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region