Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region, patient partners from East Kootenay area
Interior Health would like to invite patient partners to attend a virtual focus group session to gather patient input on facility design for Renal and Oncology services at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook.
Interior Health, Capital Planning
Interior Health would like patient partners to participate in a focus group to provide feedback on facility design opportunities for Renal and Oncology services. The focus group session will help Interior Health better understand patient experiences and the role of the physical environment in providing
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Open to patient partners from: Interior Health region, East Kootenay Area
• Have experience with renal and/or oncology services.
– Note: experience can be in the form of having received/currently receiving services, or being a caregiver to someone who received/is receiving services.
• Have access to a computer and the internet to join a Microsoft Teams virtual meeting.
• Are comfortable discussing their health care experience in a small group (approximately 8 people).
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by this health authority.
– As connection and relationship building is important, we may like to meet with short listed patient partners as part of our selection process in an informal interview between the patient partner and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at a health care site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 6 (3 Renal, and 3 Oncology)
• Date and Time:
– One 1.5 hour focus group session to be scheduled in April 2023:
– – One session will be specific to Oncology services, the other to Renal services.
– – Patient partners will only be required to attend one session.
– Date and time to be determined based on participant availability, but will be scheduled Mon-Fri between 8am-4pm MST.
• Location: Microsoft Teams Meeting (Virtual).
• Commitment: One 1.5 hour focus group, and one pre-focus group preparation session.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. Interior Health will provide an honorarium to each participant. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Interior Health is continuously expanding its facilities. The Capital Planning team is looking to better understand patient experiences to improve healthcare design. This project will focus on the design of a future collocated Renal and Oncology clinic at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital.