Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the South Okanagan area
South Okanagan is hosting a five-day workshop with the hopes of improving the use of respite care beds in facilities. We are looking for patient partners who have had a loved one or themselves resided in a respite care bed. We need the patient voice to inform improvement opportunities.
Open to: Patient partners in the South Okanagan area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Lean Promotion Office
AimTo improve the flow for the patient to a respite care bed. We need patient partners to engage with the staff that organize the respite care transfers and inform them from a patients perspective of what is important to improving the patient's experience through our system.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Comfortable in sharing their experience with respite care bed transfers
- Have had a loved one or themselves been involved in respite care bed process
- Comfortable offering feedback to improvement ideas from a patient perspective
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Location, date, time and frequency:
- November 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- From 8 am to 4 pm daily (except on November 8, when it endes at noon)
- The workshop will be held at the Penticton Health Centre
- You will also be invited to attend the 90-day follow up session
ReimbursementParking will be covered as per IH policy.
- This is directly related to long term care homes and home health clinicians.
- We would like to streamline processes throughout the South Okanagan.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region