Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Northern region
Are you interested in quality improvement in the North? Northern Health will be hosting a monthlong quality improvement celebration and are seeking a patient partner to assist in organizing it. Could this be you?
Open to: Patient partners in the Northern region
Lead Organization or DepartmentThe aim of involving a patient voice is to have a person- and family-centred care lens in the planning stages and throughout the events hosted during Northern Health’s Quality Celebration. These patient partners will work closely with other Northern Health leadership members to review submissions and ensure the highest quality of events throughout the month of October.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- An interest in health care quality improvement
- Comfortable using email and word processing software and have regular computer access
- Experience planning conferences or events is beneficial
- Training in quality improvement or attendance at quality improvement conferences/forums is an asset but not required
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
- Vacancies: 2
- Meeting times: One hour to review submissions before the meeting, two hours for a planning group meeting. Potential follow up meeting to refine the Program for the Quality Celebration.
- Commitment: Up to six months
ReimbursementNo expenses are anticipated for this engagement as it is over the telephone, computer and email.
BackgroundOne of Northern Health’s strategic priorities is quality. We strive to ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement in all areas. An important part of this culture is to celebrate the health care improvements and learning that happens through these experiences. Annually since 2011, Northern Health has hosted a Quality Conference to celebrate quality improvement in health care. It is typically held at a venue in Prince George and consisted of a day of training/workshop and a day with speakers and presentations about quality improvement initiatives in Northern Health. This year Northern Health will be hosting a monthlong quality improvement celebration instead of the traditional in-person conference. Activities will be available virtually and in person throughout the month of October. The hope is that more people from across northern BC are able to participate and celebrate quality if the format is virtual and the activities are held at different times throughout the month. The objectives of the Northern Health Quality Celebration are to: • Celebrate and showcase our efforts in quality improvement • Inspire each other to continue our efforts • Learn about leading practice and innovation If you would like to learn more about previous conferences, visit the Northern BC Research and Quality Conference site.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC