Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Northern Region
Are you interested in helping Northern Health improve care? Northern Health is hosting a team of Accreditation Canada Surveyors who will evaluate the Primary care and Community services against national standards and help us improve quality overall.
Quality & Innovation – Northern Health
Patient partners from Northern Health will provide their perspective to the Accreditation Canada Survey Team to help them evaluate Northern Health Primary Care and Community Services overall.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Live in the Northern Health Region and have accessed health services
• If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost.
• Number of vacancies: 12
• Date and Time: July 13th – afternoon (2 – 3 p.m. PST)
Examples of the discussion:
– How the voice of the client, resident, essential care partner or family is incorporated
– Patient, Resident and Family partners or advisors onboarding materials to the organization
– Materials to help support patient, resident, and family partners on QI initiatives
– For patient partners; how was the experience of working with Northern Health?
• Location: MS Teams
• Commitment: one time
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cathy Almost at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation
Every 2-4 years Accreditation Canada includes patient partners in the evaluation process of health care settings in Primary Care and Community Services and Public and Population Health.
Northern Health participates in accreditation to assess our services against national standards. They identify what we are doing well and where any improvements are needed. The assessment is administered by Accreditation Canada. Quality is a key element of Northern Health’s Strategic Plan and accreditation is one way we maintain a culture of continuous quality improvement.
More information available here.
Northern Health – Accreditation